Tower 28’s growing team is looking for a passionate, creative + collaborative Art Director. This role’s primary responsibility is to bring Tower 28’s visual identity to life through a cohesive and consistent design system in a multitude of touchpoints, from digital to packaging. The ideal candidate is creative, consistent, flexible, fast, collaborative, organized and a great manager. They must have excellent technical design skills, communication skills, flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment. This role is for a highly capable creative leader who can direct internal and external creative resources and has the ability to communicate creative vision to key stakeholders. Prior experience in an agency or internal marketing team is preferred.
This role is based in the Los Angeles Area and planned to be in-office approximately two to three days per week to start, subject to change depending on business needs. This role offers competitive pay and reports to directly to the CEO.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead creative development and execution of all touchpoints related to brand identity including but not limited to product packaging, visual merchandising plus brand advertising & communications, from concept to delivery, across our many marketing channels (digital, print, social, retail etc).
- 360 campaign needs: Build concept boards, photo briefs, and design across multiple marketing channels.
- Lead the entire design process from concept to design, photographic art direction, supervision of retouching, supervision of production, and supervision of all execution for campaign to ensure consistency and cohesiveness
- Lead photoshoots and art direct photographers and stylists to execute creative
- Assign resources and handle capacity planning for your team
- Own, develop, and evangelize brand personality and purpose throughout the organization
- Create on-brand, innovative, creative solutions that meet measurable business goals, fit with channel requirements and budget, and speak to our target audiences
- Develop cohesive, standardized design guidelines as we evolve and finesse the look and feel of the brand. Enforce these standards.
- Build and lead a team of internal and outsourced designers, copywriters, etc. to produce content, campaigns, and more with quick turnaround
- Collaborate closely with CEO and the Brand Marketing Team to ensure creative materials represent the collective vision and help to further the brand’s strategic direction
- Help improve and build processes that improve cross functional workflow, communication and approval processes
- Engage in team building to foster creativity and collaboration
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, and business partners to ensure presence is consistent across all customer touchpoints
- Quickly develop concept mockups to visualize new ideas in context
- Oversee the scheduling and resources associated with creative production
- Refine and revise creative to respond to Brand & CEO feedback
- Develop and oversee timelines, deliverables, and creative budgets and expenses
- Ensure brand messaging meets legal compliance
- Understanding of design, copy, and traditional/digital/web best practices
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and smaller budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages and the foresight to plan ahead
- Demonstrate a growing ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects
- Demonstrated business acumen, including experience of budgeting and resourcing
- Relentless desire for innovation & improvement, balanced with business priorities
- Strong proficiency across a suite of creative tools including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects.
- Video editing, graphic design, motion graphic editing
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Photography + Videography skills preferred
Please send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Content Manager
Tower 28’s growing team is looking for a passionate, creative + collaborative Manager of Social Media and Content. This role’s primary responsibility is to bring Tower 28’s values + product storytelling to life in relevant, engaging ways across multiple social media platforms (including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and more) and to develop and grow a strong social media community. The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical, a strong content creator who has a keen understanding of the social media landscape. They must have excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting priorities. This role is based in the Los Angeles Area and planned to be in-office approximately two to three days per week to start, subject to change depending on business needs. This role offers competitive pay.
- Own content planning, creation, and posting for existing and new social platforms; manage production end-to-end (concept, shot list, design/film + edit) for all social content to ensure consistent posting + strong brand storytelling, including content derived from influencer or third-party content creator partnerships (45%)
- Manage the content calendar for social platforms with a strong understanding of and focus on the ongoing business needs; comfort with some ambiguity to leave space to be reactive to social trends; including copy/messaging development (15%)
- Oversee community management + engagement on all social platforms to ensure a strong community presence + sentiment with our Tower 28 + influencer partners (15%)
- Support the development of Tower 28’s social strategies and content curation for key product launches, always-on marketing campaigns, as well as key brand initiatives; bring fresh, innovative ideas to Tower 28 social (10%)
- Monitor analytics, audience sentiment, and social media trends, and make strategic optimizations + adjustments on an ongoing basis (5%)
- Act as a subject matter authority in the area of social media + content for Tower 28, regularly preparing + sharing updates on Tower 28 social media results + broader landscape updates (5%)
- Other responsibilities as assigned (5%)
Qualities for success:
- Strong video + photo production and editing skills for all types of social media content (either mobile or professional software)
- Ability to independently concept, film and edit visually appealing, on-brand social content in a style native to social media
- Analytical mindset—ability to apply ongoing business results to content strategy to optimize results
- Collaborative and kind, with a balanced strategic and creative vision
- A strong passion for visual social storytelling + understanding of internet and popular culture within the gen z + millennial demographics
- Team oriented; willing to occasionally step-in and take on responsibilities outside of immediate scope when needed in the start up environment
- Strong data collection + analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results.
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams
- 3 to 5 years in Social Media /Influencer Marketing (with at least 2 years in Beauty)
- Strong understanding of the nuance of TikTok content optimization + community preferences to support community engagement + strong content production
- Comfort, presence, and persona for regular on-camera video and speaking work for social media
- Bachelor’s Degree - in Marketing, Communications, Social and/or or PR preferred
- Proven track record / portfolio of ideating and delivering social campaigns with high results
- Specialist in developing social marketing strategies that are native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and what’s next
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Dash Hudson, Tribe Dynamics, etc).
- Proficiency with design tools for social graphic development (can be professional tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign OR Canva or similar software also okay)
- Passion for photography & video; extremely skilled with photo/video production + editing (professional or mobile-first software okay)
- Experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice.
- The ability to transport appx 30 pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet: frequently moves production equipment around the office + metropolitan area for various production needs
- 5-10% travel required
Please send your portfolio and resume to email@example.com